Position: Program Manager Ongoing opportunities.We look for contractors that can round out project needs as they arise on short term basis Project Location(s): Bay Area, California as primary location; with other U.S. opportunities as they arise. To be considered for opportunities you must:
- Be local and able to be on-site 5 days a week with the client (40 hour-week onsite and additional hours as needed)
- Be willing to be a contractor for this role (Corp to Corp, 1099 or Temporary W2)
- Understand that the client site location is considered the “Office Location” and therefore the commute will not be reimbursable from a mileage perspective.
Requirements for the Position
- We are looking for experienced Program Managers with a proven background working across organizational, process or technology projects for Fortune 500 clients. The focus of this position is to work with the Business side of the client organization, whether it is an IT, process or re-org project. We look for contractors that can round out project needs as they arise on short term basis
- You are an independent consultant with a minimum of 10 years of consulting and Program Management experience, preferably across a wide range of commercial clients (on the business and IT side).
- Proven experience as a program manager working on large-scale, high impact projects at the C-suite level
- You are comfortable with leading projects on your own with minimal /no guidance; Able to work independently to scope, plan and drive client projects
- You have experience as a Program Manager driving and managing scope for mixed teams of: client teams, different vendors leading workstreams under the same project and independent consultants.
- You can analyze business /end user needs and deliver on key deliverables that include:
- Program Management Office set up (PMO Process and roles), road mapping, business case for change, success metrics development, Governance Structure and Executive Engagement, Dashboard reporting and reporting to Boards for client projects, Issue & Risk management)
- Desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and work in a team-based environment
- Strong relationship-building skills & experience navigating political landscapes
- Comfortable driving discussions with participants across several agendas
- Project management: problem solving, status reports, risk management
- Experience in working collaboratively with diverse teams
- Strong references required for consideration from clients and direct supervisors
- Expert user of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Outlook, xls, SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Moderate user of Visio or other process mapping tools
Key Responsibilities As a Program Manager for Nimble, the projects will be high-impact for Fortune 500 clients, involving various vendors, workstreams and stakeholders. Need for political savvy, expert PMO and PM skillset and ability to operate in dynamic and fast paced environments. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying success metrics, issues, risks, constraints and understanding/ documenting workflow, standards, and business requirements for the client
- Managing project scope and vendor management: Defining workstreams, roles, and managing contracts for scopes of work under different vendors; proven methods of keeping teams accountable for quality, on-time delivery of work
- Managing cost, conducting regular cost projections and tracking regular spend across the team; identifying potential risks or overruns in advance with options for the client to consider as far as re-prioritization of scope across the team
- PMO activities:
- Setting up a governance and PMO structure to track and drive all workstreams across the project team that may be led by various vendors and individuals depending on the project: The Business client team, IT team, training, change management, HR, legal, data conversion, etc.
- Identifying, documenting and managing the key dependencies and deliverables across the project
- Managing across the team the scheduling, logistics, support for common activities across workstreams (reaching out to SMEs in the client space, executive meetings, requirements gathering, etc.)
- Documentation and regular publication of meeting notes & actions, issue resolution via SharePoint, xls, MS project or other technology
- Maintain and update SharePoint site and project website – knowledge management across teams for timely information sharing and decision-making
- Onboarding and off-boarding team members and building a process for doing so on a regular basis.
- Metrics reporting and regular dashboard reporting for the client executive steering committees
- Shepherd the internal client project management activities and deliverables required at all phases of the project
Note: Local travel as required by the client (Currently travel is in the bay area only, but there could be client work requiring further travel as needed)